Absolutely delighted to have been nominated for a Liebster Award, by https://afrilly.wordpress.com/ – thank you once again so very much. I really enjoy reading your posts on everything from art pieces and DIY to pets and relationships. Loved especially the beautiful insight into your wedding plans and day, and being introduced to Brisket and Cricket of course! ☺️, so am so very glad you have enjoyed reading my posts too.
One of the things I love about this blogging community is all the many different worlds a browse through my WordPress feed can take me to. There are so many writers from so many corners of the world that I love to dip into the lives of, and it was very hard to choose both an ultimate favourite blog to write about and other favourites too to nominate (and also to find those who met the criteria with under 200 followers, as a couple I love to read were just over.. Well done you!😉) (Rules below)*.
I started blogging about our pets and our home life simply because of my love for the animals themselves and my desire to share some of the joy they bring and enjoy the scribbles and photos of others doing the same. While that remains very much the case, through being here I have discovered another passion too simply for reading and watching stories unfold, post by post.
My favourite blog of the moment certainly falls into that category – https://bletheringbylinley.wordpress.com/. Amazingly put together and absolutely captivating, I am currently hooked on the daily installments of Linley’s story. I would really recommend reading this from the beginning and watching it pick up pace, before it reaches its “Season Finale” on Friday. I don’t want to give too much away but this is a spine-tinglingly unsettling story, full of mysterious twists and turns but tempered by the warmly-described Scottish scenery framing the action everywhere from Glasgow to the Islands, and the affectionately drawn, well interwoven characters given a depth, humour and truth that makes them impossible to forget to check back in on. It really is an amazing read, and a blog is such a good platform for a story that reveals itself with so many unexpected twists, piece by piece.
I would also like to nominate some of the others I love to follow:
https://gaddingaboutwithgalahad.wordpress.com/ – I really enjoy reading about ponydreamer’s adventures with the handsome Galahad, can always relate to them so well as they’re often similar to mine with my own native pony – so many lovely tales and photos, especially the through-the-horse’s-ears shots!
https://yetanothercrafter.wordpress.com/ – I started reading Nikki’s blog because we had our “mischiefs” in common and enjoy hearing about her rats’ adventures – they are such a lovely little group – but I also really enjoy all of her crafting posts too and seeing her beautiful blankets and creations.
https://sunshinestarlight.com/2016/09/11/silent-sunday-too-41/ – Sunshine and Starlight’s adventures never disappoint, such a gorgeous pair of Westies who write so very wittily about life with their “manservant” and “womanservant” in Madison, USA.
https://tortoiseadventures.wordpress.com/ – Have learned so much from Oroano – tortoises are an animal I know nothing about but it is amazing to get an insight into the habitat, care and personalities of these amazing pets – and really love their Lego house!!
Thank you so much again afrilly for the nomination and thanks so much all for reading and for writing and posting so much that I love to see! 🙂
*The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2016
(Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2016
Back in 2011 the rules were a simple case of acknowledgement of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now in 2016 it is a little more involved!
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award.
- For the 2016 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)